Friday, June 30, 2017

Still experimenting with sketching

Although my printer isn't printing, the scanner works, so here are my steps
I slathered ink all over a 12" x 19" sheet of white label paper. I order these label sheets here: 

I used a stash of Distress Inks I have and just covered the whole sheet with the ink. Here is a picture:






Then I scanned in that big sheet, I couldn't figure out how to scan it in its entirety, so I did it in sections then grouped them together like a puzzle.  I only use this to put on my mat so I can figure out where I want to sketch and cut.  Here is a pic of my screen and a butterfly which I had sketchfilled, sketched with a pen, then cut around edge with blade.
Here is the sheet coming out of the Cameo:


Then I lifted the sticker off the sheet and placed onto wax paper to use in a project later:


I can now insert that painted label sheet any time I want and place other designs on it to sketch and cut.  Very handy to have the scanned version of the sheet for color placement, etc.

No comments: