Monday, July 13, 2015

Foil on Fabric test, Silhouette Brand and "Stick It" brand double sided adhesives

After watching this video I was anxious to try cutting out some of the double sided adhesive (I happened to have both brands on hand), after finally locating my Silhouette Brand, took me a couple of days, but I found it, I quickly made a test.  Found design, used all settings recommended on the Silhouette Cameo brand double sided adhesive material selection:
I frankly found it cut the "Stick It" brand perfectly, but weeding the Silhouette Brand from the mat got a bit fiddly.  I think if I do it again, I will extend blade more.  The Stick It brand is considerably thiner than the Silhouette Brand.  At this point, I was pretty sure the Stick It brand was going to be the winner  NOT!

I then proceeded.  A note about the foil, it was something I had had for years and years and used with the electric hot pen, see info in photos, so not sure the age of the foil had anything to do with the test since, as you will see, the Silhouette Brand had no difficulty.  
Yellow backing paper is Silhouette Brand, White is "Stick It" brand, very clean cut on the Stick It, but it didn't work as well as you can see, 















No comments: