Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Experimenting and playing

One of my recent favorite coloring medium is  (are?) the Derwent Inktense Blocks.  I have a set of 24 bought at Amazon and love them.  They are intense colors if you want them to be but light watercolor looking if you want that also.  Most importantly, when dry, they are permanent and you can use on fabric, paper, etc.

 I have been using some things made with my Cameo (mostly stencils, but I thought, hmmm, wonder how some of my early foam cuts would work used as stamps.  Remember one of my earliest foam cuts of girl swinging on tree?
I turned her over, spritzed backside with water from a fine mist spray bottle then swiped the blocks over different parts to color them, yellow for hair, blue for dress, some neutral skin tones and browns and green for leaves, etc, --here is a picture of  the smeary mess--

 then turned her over (just used my fingers with a paper towel to press down onto paper, and here is what I got:
here is a picture after stamping showing the blocks I used.
Then I took the dancers from another early experiment in cutting foam on the Cameo
Did the same thing as above
and stamped this

I love the painterly, watercolorey look of these.  I also sprayed cosmetic sponge onto stencils I made with the Cameo and created these pages in my sample book.

another foam geometric stamped on page using inktense as well:
and here are shots of samples using stencils cut with Cameo and inktense blocks







1 comment:

Ann said...

Great ideas! Where do you find the girl swinging from the tree?