Monday, July 19, 2010

Avatar maybe


In between struggling with my full size figure--garden girl, I whipped out this vase again using a face, but a studio friend at first look thought I was trying to make her look like the Avatar image, but actually I havn't even seen the movie, nor thought along those lines, however, if that is what she looked like to him, maybe he has something, so if you think so to, Avatar she is. But I love the way she turned out. Also made some ceramic hooks to test some glazes on my paper clay to help decide how to glaze my full size figure. Also found my silkscreen worked fairly nicely over two of my matte glazes, silkscreened underglaze on top of applied but dry, but not yet fired, glazes. I had done some previous experiments with this also and it works well.

No comments: