Saturday, September 15, 2007

Lycoris Radiata almost finished Blooming


This year has been a good year for my Lycoris Radiata, hurricane lilies, or spider lilies.  I look forward to them every year in my southern NC garden, they always surprise me.  They pop up and bloom so quickly, I hardly ever notice their emergence from the ground.  I was able to pluck a few and stick in a quick arrangement which included one of my newest favorites for this time of year, "Limelight Hydrangeas" with a few stems of white flowering chives and a bit of greenery,  the arrangement was complete.  Seeing them this way, up front and personal, I was again reminded of their value in the garden.  They don't bloom long as with most perennials, but I wouldn't miss them for the world.

1 comment:

Naturegirl said...

Naked ladys..I am sure they dance
elegantly in the summer breezes..they resemble a red bee balm which I grow for the hummingbirds! Lovely perhaps I must plant them next spring.hugs NG