Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I need a blowtorch!



Just what I need right? Another hobby! I sure would love to try this art/craft on for size, not that I could create anything as wonderful as these beauties, but I would love to be able to do metal work. I found these on Whipup (one of my daily blog checks---necessary for every crafter). But since I value beauty over function, I could easily see turning shovels and wheelbarrows into works of art like these:

This talented artist from Nova Scotia makes metal look like lace. Awesome I think.

3 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Wow! Wow! Now I have seen everything!
Save this new hobby for the winter months you have a beautiful garden to tend to! Hugs NG

MariaJ said...

SOOOOOOO very beautiful, havent ever seen anything like this. You are just like me: I'm so interested in everything new and I have thought of metal work too cause there are so many new possibilities! Oh just imagine a small garden table looking like lace...sigh. This artist is super!

CG said...

This looks like a new fun hobby! You could do some really pretty things with metal. Hmm..wonder if I have an old shovel around?