Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

As Mother's day is soon approaching, I have to admit I have spent some time looking at precious old pictures and a few newer ones, also, one of my favorite things is to listen to some audio tapes I made of my little girl at about 3 years old. For mothers and grandmothers with young children, I highly recommend making some audio tapes as candidly as possible for playback 30+ years later as in my case this week. Most of us have pictures, but the sound of their voice at that tender young age is something to enjoy over and over again as well.
Here is the slideshow (I haven't made one in a while and love doing them)


And for those who want to hear her too, here are two separate voice recordings that thankfully I have in digital form now.
Story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears (sort of)

and Kristina talking to a spider

Well that's my walk down memory lane, Kristina is now 35 years old and all this seems like just yesterday. Precious memories for sure.
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day with your children and your own mothers if you are fortunate enough to be able to spend time with them. Take a few moments to cherish those memories.

2 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Precious precious precious!!The photos.. the voice.. OMG! .ahhh so cute !
If only we saved their voices I agree!Heh you were quite the foxy mama..pig tails and all!!whistle!
~Happy Mothers Day~ dear friend I will cherish my day tomorrow with mum! hugging you NG xo

Donna, The Decorated House said...

That was so much fun! I love seeing younger pictures as well as who we all are now.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Now I have to go through the 20 old Victoria magazines and hope that Corey's house is in one that I have. Thanks for telling me.
Donna