Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More new things, hearts included, of course

Here is a batch of more new things, just out of the kiln yesterday.  I am still assembling another heart using some copper wire, etc., will post that when finished.  I am planning to make more of these beachy salt cellars with bamboo spoons (or maybe I will make ceramic spoons, at any rate, here is my first prototype, I think it will be popular:
And the every popular beach box, the last one sold quickly, this one is a little smaller, but I like it:





In the "heart" department, I fell in love with this fabric on a bag I bought at World Market and got inspired to make a heart similar to that pattern, I think it works don't you?


and some time back, I made a box with a paint drip design, so I decided a heart like that would be nice: 


and I tried a technique using slip for raised bits on a heart to look a little like texture on a canvas, also used a painterly approach to this abstract sailboat and funky garden heart: 






and lastly, another one of my tall boxes.  looks like slip trailing, but actually, I carved the designs into plaster (the back side of some molds that I bought), and use this to impress the designs onto the box panels before I assembled them.  



1 comment:

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely work...I'm really drawn to that heart with the red/black and natural color design. Keep up the great ideas.