Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Found this draft from February ----I had intended to post then

So I will publish this in case anyone wants to see the "in progress" pics of the things I just posted below.  I often like to see all the stages of an item being produced.
"I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted.  Lots of sales, etc followed my last posting and most of the items are gone.  Finally getting around to doing some new things and the kiln just stopped and I will have more to share in about 24 hours.  Hopefully, there will be some interesting things coming out.  Again, whole kiln consists of things I am single firing at Cone 5, stoneware.  A rather large beach box will hopefully make it through OK, as well as some wall hearts (didn't make it in time for valentines day), but hearts seem to be popular at any time, like stars.  I have another set of kite flyers, this time two boys.  Have had a nice run with these, and even got a commission for a set of little girls from my art show in September.  Here are some pictures of the work drying/in progress.  Hope I will see happy things coming out of kiln tomorrow.







I
I also did several pillow beads using my silkscreens, but got so busy I forgot to take pictures.  I always forget how much time is involved in last minute glazing, etc., and loading the kiln.









No comments: