Sunday, September 05, 2010

Lorelei, my first full size figure all in ceramic clay

Finally, she is finished and quite sturdy with five separate pieces. She will make her debut at the Landfall Art Show next weekend and if she doesn't find a home there, I will put her in the Arboretum Show in October. Hopefully by Christmas she will be in a good home. I enjoyed the challenge of making her, but not sure I will be attempting anything quite this adventurous any time soon. More photos of her and a video can be seen here.

3 comments:

Undaunted said...

Oh my goodness, she is absolutely gorgeous! I'm stunned. She's just so beautiful! I think you should keep her!

Pauline said...

Linda---too late---she has been sold, she made her debut in a local Art Show last weekend and sold. She has gone to a good home. Thanks so much for your comment,I usually don't want to keep anything I make. It seems I get all I need out of a project just by doing it. This one almost was my "Undoing" making her to fit in five pieces and still be sturdy when assembled, plus making it through all the phases was to paraphrase your handle, "daunting." I spent so much time working on her in hot, hot temps at the studio that I was happy to see her go. I didn't look forward to assembling her and disassembling her too many times.

Unknown said...

beautiful!