Friday, December 21, 2007

Must stop playing now and get serious about Christmas


I love these bugs! Had fun playing as you can see, but now I have to get busy finishing up chores for holiday. I spent all day yesterday playing in the mud, getting things glazed, fussing with things in various stages, must now concentrate on getting ready for Christmas, then back to the studio to play some more. I made a lovely tiny barnacle bowl that will be put in the final glaze kiln but not be out before the new year. I threw a pear vase and altered it, that is drying now and another textured vase, and I threw my best bowl yet --also drying now. My glazing leaves a lot to be desired and does not meet my expectations on all pieces, but each one is a learning experience. I also learn much from other potters there and their successes. I have another spectacular piece mulling around in my head which I will donate to a foundation fund raiser (if it turns out as well as I have envisioned in my head). Maybe I will post again before Christmas, but I must now get off the computer and get started!

4 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Dear creative friend I am stopping by to say:
May the spirit of Christmas leave its rich blessings in the hearts of you and yours! hugs NG

Naturegirl said...

Pauline thinking of you and want to wish you peace love inspiration and blessings as we move forward to a NEW YEAR!
I feel blessed in having met you through our blogging! I love and get so much inspiration as I view your garden and all the crafts that you skillfully create! I did NOT get around to making the boxwood topiaries because of the ~BREAK~ but hopefully next year!
hugs NG

Beaufort Belle said...

Pauline, you are doing fantastic in the pottery/ceramics hobby. I love the jewelry. Do you think that once you get your cat project done, you might start making items and selling them? Maybe on ETSY? You would be great. I would love to have one of the pendants with a butterfly, one with a palm tree, and maybe one with a seashell or sand dollar or something along that line. Let me know! :D

Love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You write very well.