Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Inspired by Red


This morning I am inspired also by red, and the posting at Block Party Press in which she observes:
"One thing I think the cardinal can teach us is to not be afraid to stand out, or to be afraid to create things that stand out. While most animals try to hide and blend in with their environment, the bright red cardinal is bold and is more concerned with attracting a mate than hiding from predators."

Her posting reminded me of the photos I took several years ago of cardinals in the snow one winter. Here in Wilmington, NC, we manage to get a sprinkling of snow once every five or six years or so. I can count two times in the last ten years! But in keeping with our holiday season, red seems appropriate.

3 comments:

Alice Regan said...

The cardinal is beautiful. I love the comparison about not being afraid of standing out.

Naturegirl said...

Pauline this bird is and always amazes me the color so vibrant! The bluejay also has wonderful markings..Mother Nature is wonderful!
I am hopping-along these days..darn!!
blessings NG xo

Anonymous said...

(((Pauline)))
I'm just stopping by to give you a hug and to say hi - how are YOU??
I hope just wonderful! What gorgeous pictures of the cardinal! I love them too! We have had a few visit our back courtyard. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
Kim