Monday, April 09, 2007

Wedding Marathon


Just recovering from a three day wedding marathon that was really wonderful. If I am the least bit tired, I can't imagine how the primary participants are feeling. The wedding events began (for me at least) this past Friday with a bridal shower, then the rehearsal dinner that night, then next day, the actual wedding and spectacular reception was quite an experience. I think it was the most elegant wedding I have attended, just beautiful. Then on Sunday, the bookclub gals (I am one of eight of us) provided food for Easter Brunch for what seemed like 200 people. We never did count them. The setting was absolutely gorgeous in the backyard of bride's parents, one of the most beautiful gardens here! I got up at 6:00 a.m. and made about 150 ham biscuits as my contribution, it was so much fun working with my book club friends. Now a brief rest for this upcoming week's event, the Wilmington Azalea Festival. I will enjoy seeing the garden tour with friends this Friday and will need to make cookies for the ribbon-cutting for the event. The Azalea Festival is a major event here in Wilmington, NC and the garden tour that comprises one of the events during the weekend is the main fundraiser for the Cape Fear Garden Club. Lots of money is raised that goes into beautification grants for many organizations throughout the city. I am proud to be a member of this garden club.

3 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Pauline you have had so much excitement and activities! Whew you do need a rest! I enjoyed the photos you provided in links.
I shall add to your excitement because I have awarded you with.....
~THE THINKING BLOGGER AWARD!~
COME BY AND SEE!
hugs NG always a pleasure to visit you!

Jen Kershner said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend and what a wonderful friend you are to make all those ham biscuits, which just happen to be one of my favorite things in the world.

I love all of your spring pictures. Spring arrived here for a short time and then winter came back essentially killing everything that was about to bloom. Very depressing so I'm enjoying living through you.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline! I loved hearing about your fun and exciting activities of late! Those pictures of the brunch are gorgeous~ so pretty...always love seeing Pauline-pictures..
xo,
Kim