Monday, April 24, 2017

Printer not cooperating, BUT there's another way Sketch, cut and color!

I have loved my Epson Printer WF7610 until for some unknown reason the black ink cartridge wouldn't dispense ink, I did find a workaround, but it is not perfect (use glossy photo paper for setting regardless what paper you are using) seemed to work, although much slower.  Plus there is a technical reason why this is not ideal, but I won't go into that here.

Instead, I have been playing with my trusty pens, using the internal offset function to fill in designs and text, then inserting a ball point pen into the white holder thingie I got from Amazon when I ordered these:
I think I paid about $9.99 at the time and I notice they are $7.99 now.  Note that the white pen holder included at the top is the same fitting as you see in blue and gray, you can just unscrew that and use it in your Cameo (I do not have the latest Cameo.)  The white fitting works great on the Signo Uni Ball pens (on one I had to put one round of painter's tape around the pen to get a solid fit which then fits into the holder on my cameo.  See this video showing sketching design on full page label paper:
See postings here: http://paulinesstuff.blogspot.com/2016/09/i-love-my-cameo-sketch-with-pen-and.html

So after this was sketched, I used a bit of watercolor to fill in flowers, but I still wanted black sketch to show:


As you can see, I created several other stickers this same way, using some watercolor and markers really a lot of fun.  I have found that pulling them off the label sheet after watercoloring, it is best to put them on kitchen wax paper, at first I tried freezer paper, but after a bit that great adhesive on back of stickers stuck a little too much and would, over time, I think make them difficult to remove to use on projects.  Kitchen wax paper provides the perfect storage and they release easily, plus you can preview deigns on projects before you actually commit to sticking them since wax paper is see through.  

Some other sticker I have made again using this same sketch with pen, then color with watercolor technique:







No comments: