Friday, February 08, 2008

Huge Sigh of Relief


My second "base" made it out of the glaze kiln OK, whew. I took this photo of it as I intended to have the piece used as a vase. Those are little tazetta narcissus plucked from my garden to show it holds water and does look pretty I think. The photo below shows all my amaryllis flowers which need to be assembled into stems that can be inserted into each tube when real flowers are not being used.
I am still waiting for a few little components to pop out of the kilns to complete the assembly. I am pretty sure it will be a beautiful ceramic piece with the flowers inserted. Hopefully, it all will materialize as envisioned. Soon, I hope so I can turn it over to the Foundation as my contribution to their silent auction. I am now spending hours and hours making the kitty banks and am making progress although it is quite exhausting to handbuild them and that is just the first step!
More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pauline, you are such an AMAZING artist - if only I had a little tiny bit of your artistic talent.. this is going to be gorgeous! Everything that you create always is!!!!

Love,
Kim

Naturegirl said...

Pauline you just keeping going and going producing these beautiful artpieces! Narcissus from your garden already!!! I'm still walking in a winter wonderland and more snow falling as I type!! I am finally walking on my own it has been a long hibernation for me!! Nice to visit again my friend! hugs NG
Oh I see Kim has been by..she's posting about watering her plants!!
I must leave and get to a warmer climate!! LOL