Saturday, June 24, 2017

Another Freebie file and pics showing how fill sketch was created

I just sketched out a file I have been working on filling and you might like it.  Here is the link
found this image and thought I could do a trace, then fill for sketching:
Of course, you could print it, but if you wanted to use sketch pen in your Silhouette Studio/Cameo, and get the same "filled in" result, you can. 



Here is how design looked on my screen after multiple internal offsets:
This image is a closeup of the fill showing the butterfly, using the fill technique I covered in this post

and here is how it sketched
If you look closely, there are a few missed spots, it only took a few seconds to fill those in with pen manually, I could have packed another internal offset or two to make it fill with the pen in the Cameo.
Here is a video of the pen in action, sketching this design, ignore the Happy Birthday since that was another experiment trying to get that text as a border for a card.


Well, then I thought, I should use my glitter gel pen to try this again.  I had a few adjustments to get the gel pen down far enough to sketch, but not drag, as a result, I sketched it twice before unloading the mat.  As you can see, it put down a lot of sparkly color which you cannot get from your printer:









No comments: